08.03.2010

Sunday in the new Home

West Hampstead - Sunday 7th March

West Hampstead - Sunday 7th March

West Hampstead - Sunday 7th March

West Hampstead - Sunday 7th March
As I mentioned before, I moved to a new place about two weeks ago. The situation in my former flat in Elephant&Castle wasn't the most pleasant one, thus I really jumped at the suggestion from a friend of my sister who offered me her flat for the time them being in Australia (2 weeks). I then moved to this flat and started looking for a new place. I really fell in love with the region of their flat, though (West Hampstead) and this time I was really lucky: the first flat I looked at (about 2 minutes away from the flat I was staying *hihi*) turned out to be a very nice place on the local High Street – a flatshare with two other guys, large room with double bed, quite a nice view on London sunset and with a big living room. It all has worked out great, thus I call West Hampstead my home for the rest of my London stay (at least I plan on doing so ;-):


West Hampstead is an area in northwestern Greater London, England, situated between Childs Hill to the north, Frognal, Hampstead to the north-east, Swiss Cottage to the east, Kilburn to the south-west, and South Hampstead to the south. Until the late 19th century, the locale was a small village called West End. Modern West Hampstead emerged with the arrival of the railways, and the transformation of the area from farm land to housing estates. In 1879, the Metropolitan Railway adopted the name West Hampstead for its station on West End Lane, the main road through the area. Its motivation seemed to be to avoid confusion with the main retail area in central London, which was also known as the West End.


Right across the street there is a lovely restaurant/bar, called "The Alice House". I immediately fell in love with its interior when I first walked by. This Sunday I decided to have a little walk in the beautiful sunshine and brunch at this Alice House. Thus, I packed my book and my computer (the most essential things for me *hehe*). I want to share some impressions from this morning, illustrating what the area is like, what my brunch was like and that I am still alive here in London :-). Yours, Theresa

West Hampstead - Sunday 7th March


West Hampstead - Sunday 7th March

West Hampstead - Sunday 7th March


Wie ich bereits erwähnt habe, bin ich vor ca. zwei Wochen mal wieder umgezogen. Die Wohnsituation in dieser überfüllen WG in Elephant&Castle war einfach nicht mehr schön, deshalb war ich einfach überglücklich als eine Freundin meiner Schwester mir ihre Wohnung für 2 Wochen zum "Housesitten" anbot, während sie in Australien Urlaub gemacht haben. Ich bin also zunächst in deren wunderschöne Wohnung eingezogen und habe angefangen, nach einem neuen Zuhause zu suchen. Die Gegend der Wohnung hatte mich allerdings ziemlich eingenommen und deshalb begann ich in der Nähe zu suchen. Diesmal hatte ich riesiges Glück und mein allererster Wohnungsbesuch war gleich ein Volltreffer: 2 Minuten von der anderen wohnung entfernt *hihi*, auf einer der Hauptstraßen von West Hampstead, großes helles Zimmer mit wunderbaren Blick über Nordlondon und schönen Sonnenuntergängen, großes Wohnzimmer – WG mit zwei anderen Typen. Alles klappte zum Glück und deshalb kann ich nun West Hampstead für den Rest meines London-Aufenthaltes mein Zuhause nennen (wenigstens plan ich das ;-)):

West Hampstead ist eine Region im Nordwesten von London, zwischen Childs Hill und Frognal, Hampstead, Swiss Cottage und Kilburn gelegen. Bis ins 19. Jahrhundert wurde das kleine Dorf West End genannt. Das moderne West Hampstead entstand mit dem Aufbau der Eisenbahnschienen und der Transformation der Region von Farmland zu einem Wohngebiet. 1879 nutzte die Metropolitan Railway schließlich West Hampstead als Namen für die Bahnstation auf der West End Lane (Hauptstraße durch dieses Gebiet). Die Motivation hinter dieser Namenswahl ist einfach: man wollte keine Verwirrung mit dem sog. West End verursachen.
West Hampstead - Sunday 7th MarchWest Hampstead - Sunday 7th March

Gleich gegenüber meiner Wohnung befindet sich ein wunderschönes Restaurant/Bar namens "The Alice House". Dem bin ich bereits beim ersten Passieren verfallen. Heute zum Sonntag entschied ich mich für einen Spaziergang im Sonnenschein und einem Brunch im Alice House. Also packte ich mein Buch und meinen Computer (die beiden wichtigsten Dinge für mich ;-)) und lief los. Ich möchte deshalb einige Impressionen am heutigen Tag mit euch teilen, um zu zeigen, wie die Gegend aussieht, in der ich jetzt wohne, wie mein Brunch war und um zu zeigen, dass es mich noch gibt ;-). Eure Thea

West Hampstead - Sunday 7th March

0 Kommentare: